Nose and Sinus Surgeon
Sinusitis is a common condition that presents with
- nasal congestion
- nasal discharge and/ or post nasal drip
- loss of smell
- facial pressure and/or headache
- nasal obstruction/ blockage
If these symptoms occur over a long period of time or are frequently experienced, nasal corticosteroid sprays are prescribed. Nasal irrigation with a saline solution is also recommended.
Sinus surgery is considered if these measures fail to control the symptoms over a period of time.
Dr Dixon performs sinus surgery endoscopically with no external cuts for common conditions such as
- chronic sinusitis
- nasal polyps
He also performs more advanced endoscopic procedures such as
- endoscopic tumour removal including selected cancers
- inverted papilloma surgery
- endoscopic CSF leak repair
- endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy (for tear duct blockage)
- complex frontal sinus procedures
Dr Dixon researches image-guided surgical navigation. These systems are used for endoscopic procedures when required.
He works with a neurosurgeon to perform endoscopic surgery for brain tumours including pituitary tumours- see endoscopic skull base surgery